This densely soft Cinnamon Apple Bread is filled with fall flavor and packed with sweetened apples and walnuts. Serve this easy-to-make treat with breakfast or for a snack.
During apple season I’ll use any excuse to bake with apples, which is why I love preparing recipes such as Apple Crumble Muffins and Baked Apple Oatmeal, as well as this heart-warming quick bread.
Cinnamon Apple Bread
This cinnamon sweet bread is filled with fall essence and if the season had a taste this cake-like bread would be it. Softly sweetened apples and walnuts are folded into this dense bread that is also topped with a sugared walnut crumble.
Choosing a firm tart or firm sweet type of apple is the best option for this snack cake. I found a bundle of freshly delivered red delicious apples from my local grocer and they were just perfect. You also don’ need to choose just one type of apple. Mix them up if you prefer.
How to Make Apple Bread
The thing about quick bread, though they usually take about an hour to bake, the preparation is often simple and quick.
- First prep your apples by peeling and chopping them and then chop your walnuts, if not already. Set them aside for later.
- Mix all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and the wet into a separate bowl. Whisk the wet into the dry mix and then fold in the apples and half the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan and sprinkle the top with a walnut brown sugar mixture. Bake for about 55 minutes and let cool before removing from the pan.
For a bold-flavored bread, there’s not much prep involved in making it.
Can You Freeze this Bread?
Yes, you can absolutely freeze this bread, and if you do I recommend doubling the recipe so you have two loaves. To freeze, wrap the completely cooled loaves in plastic and then cover with foil. Freeze and save for later. Thaw at room temperature to use.
Other Sweet Recipes to Try
Cinnamon Apple Bread
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs room temperature
- ½ cup Oil
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Apples chopped and peeled
- 1 cup Walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉. Grease an 8×4 loaf pan with oil or butter and coat with flour.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well combined. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, oil, and vanilla together; add to the flour mixture stirring until just mixed. The dough will be very thick. Fold in the chopped apples and ½ cup of the walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl toss the remaining walnuts with the brown sugar and sprinkle on top of the batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean; about 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.