Cocktail sausages drenched in this sweet and syrupy sauce with a tiny little kick are irresistibly good and party-perfect. Honey Sriracha Crockpot Little Smokies are an easy appetizer to make where all the ingredients are just thrown into the crockpot.
Crockpot Little Smokies
Tailgating or toasting the holidays there’s something inherently addicting about crockpot Little Smokies or Little Smokies wrapped in bacon. Along with drumming of feelings of 80’s nostalgia I find they’re always one of my favorite appetizers at a party.
The most common version is the grape jelly and barbecue sauce, but these honey sriracha crockpot Little Smokies have a little kick with a sweet finish. They can be made ahead of time and are extremely easy to prepare. Just dump everything into the crockpot and set the time.
Ingredients in Honey Sriracha Little Smokies
This quick Lil smokies recipe only requires a few ingredients and is easily dumped into your crockpot. They’re similar to other versions of little smokies with a honey sriracha kick.
- Cocktail Sausages (Little Smokies)
- Barbecue Sauce
- Garlic Cloves
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Sesame Oil
How to Make Honey Sriracha Crockpot Little Smokies
- Sauce: place all the ingredients in the crockpot and whisk to combine.
- Little Smokies: add the Little Smokies to the crockpot and toss with the sauce to coat. Set the temperature for low and cook for about 4 hours or high and cook for about 2 hours.
How to Cook Little Smokies
Little Smokies are great in a crockpot or slow cooker because you can keep it turned on during a party, however, that isn’t the only way to prepare them. Below are several other methods for cooking these honey sriracha Little Smokies.
Stovetop Little Smokies
Add all the sauce ingredients to a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat and whisk together. Reduce heat to a simmer and add the Little Smokies. Cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes until the sausages are heated through.
Oven-Baked Little Smokies
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and place the cocktail sausages into a 9×13 baking dish or pan. In a separate bowl whisk all the sauce ingredients together and pour over the cocktail sausages. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the sauce begins to bubble and thicken and the sausages are heated through.
Instant Pot Little Smokies
pour all the sauce ingredients into the Instant Pot and whisk to combine. Add the Little Smokies and toss to coat. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the vent to sealing. Set the manual cook time to 2 minutes. Let the steam naturally release for 5 minutes.
Tips for the Perfect Crockpot Little Smokies
- If you plan on making this appetizer ahead of time the sauce can be made 3 days in advance and the little smokies up to 2 days ahead.
- You can use either light brown sugar or dark brown sugar for this recipe. The dark brown sugar will create a stronger molasses flavor and you’ll have a sweeter version than the light brown sugar.
- Add some garnish to the Little Smokies to dress it up. For this recipe, I like to use sesame seeds or chopped cilantro. You could also add in some cooked bacon.
How do you thicken Little Smokies sauce?
To create a thicker sauce add a slurry at the end of cooking. To do this mix 2 tablespoons of flour and 1/4 cup of water together and stir it into the crockpot with 30 minutes of cook time to go. As the flour cooks into the mixture the sauce will thicken.
- Crockpot or Slow Cooker
- 3 12 ounce Cocktail Sausage Packages Little Smokies
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Place all of the ingredients, except the cocktail sausages into the crockpot and whisk them together until smooth.
- Add the cocktail sausages to the crockpot and toss to coat in the sauce mixture.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or LOW for 4 to 4½ hours, or until the sausages are heated and the sauce begins to bubble. Turn the heat down until ready to serve.