Last Updated on
Deliciously indulgent Overnight Creme Brulee French Toast is creamy and rich with densely soft pieces of bread drenched in a custard sauce. Topped with homemade whipped cream and blueberries this is a decadent breakfast or brunch.
Overnight Creme Brulee French Toast
Making memorable holiday traditions is something I’ve thought long about before children were ever apart of my family, or even before marriage. This time of year, when the leaves begin to paint a heartwarming colorful picture across God’s landscape, I crave those moments at home. Moments where we can crowd around a delicious meal.
As far back as my memory will allow I remember the scents of Christmas morning wassil warming on the stove and a baked egg casserole heating in the oven. Passing this delicious memory down through the generations is part of those memorable traditions I’d thought long about.
With savory dishes taking the spotlight on Christmas morning I’d like to reserve Christmas Eve for the sweet. Sweet breakfasts and sweet anticipation of the days ahead. This Overnight Creme Brulee French Toast is going to be part of this year’s holiday food tradition.
How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream
There are two ways I prepare homemade whipped cream, both of which are extremely easy and require only 3 ingredients.
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- Method One: Pour the heavy whipping cream into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat the cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks begin to form, about 10 to 12 minutes. Set the speed to low and add the vanilla and sugar until just mixed.
- Method Two: Place the heavy whipping cream in a large mixing bowl and using a handheld immersion blender blend the cream until stiff. Stir in the vanilla and sugar with a spoon. This method is great when you don’t want to make a large batch of whipped cream.
How to Make Creme Brulee French Toast
- Make the brown sugar layer: In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat melt the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup until fully combined. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Prepare the bread: Slice the bread into 1 1/2-inch in width slices. Nestle the slices into the prepared baking dish, squeezing them to fit.
- Make the cream layer: Place the eggs, half and half, vanilla, and salt into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the egg mixture over the bread.
- Refrigerate: Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Bake: Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 350℉ or until the edges become puffy and golden brown.
Best Bread to Use for Baked French Toast
- Large Baguette Loafs
- Challah Bread
- Semolina Bread
- Day-old bread
More Delicious Holiday Breakfasts
- Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- Pumpkin Monkey Bread
- Goat Cheese and Herb Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
- Gingerbread Waffles
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Corn Syrup
- 1 Baguette Loaf
- 8 large Eggs
- 2½ cups Half and Half
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat melt the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup until fully combined. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Slice the bread into 1 1/2-inch in width slices. Nestle the slices into the prepared baking dish, squeezing them to fit.
- Place the eggs, half and half, vanilla, and salt into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the egg mixture over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Bring to room temperature before baking.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 350℉ or until the edges become puffy and golden brown. Serve with homemade whipped cream and berries.