Toasting the season with a creamy eggnog beverage is a festive way to celebrate the holidays. This delicious White Christmas Cocktail made with eggnog, vodka, and amaretto is a sweet and merry Eggnog Martini with notes of almond.
To make an extra rich version of this martini try using this Easy Homemade Eggnog Recipe to start and then use this Amaretto Recipe. If this is for a party and you also need something to serve to kids, try this Eggnog Shake.
White Christmas Cocktail
Every year during this season my calendar is decked with festive holiday parties and spending time with friends new and old.
Just last night my husband and I gathered at a friend’s house for their annual oyster roast and the evening was rich with conversation and delicious food. There are always martinis and more oysters than you can imagine.
These moments shared with friends and family are part of what makes the season so merry. Indulging in holiday treats and sipping festive drinks like this White Christmas Cocktail only adds to the merriment.
Made with eggnog, vodka, and amaretto this martini is sweet with notes of almonds and just like this Pomegranate Martini, it’s becoming a classic in our family.
How to Make an Eggnog Martini
This creamy eggnog White Christmas Cocktail is made with almond-flavored amaretto and is easy to prepare and perfect for serving guests during the holiday season. I recommend using this amaretto recipe and making your own, which you can then give as a gift too.
- Chill. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Shake. Add the vodka, eggnog, and amaretto to the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain the mixture into a martini glass.
- Garnish. Grate fresh nutmeg on top of the cocktail or serve with a cinnamon stick.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- This eggnog martini recipe is best served fresh. There are only a few ingredients in this mixture, which makes it easy to prepare immediately before you plan on serving it. I don’t recommend making it ahead.
- Shake vigorously. Put some muscle into it when you’re shaking this cocktail. It will help to chill the ingredients for the perfect chilly sipping temperature.
- Chill your glass. Before straining the cocktail into each glass chill it for about 10 minutes in the freezer.
- To make this White Christmas Cocktail extra festive serve it with whipped cream and freshly shaved nutmeg on top.
Using homemade eggnog to prepare this martini is a great way to make it even richer and more flavorful.
You can make an eggnog martini with spiced rum, vodka, or even bourbon. Adding in some homemade amaretto or even store-bought brings all the flavors together.
Eggnog Martini Recipe
- 1 ounce Vodka
- 2 ounces Eggnog
- 1 ounce Amaretto
- ⅛ teaspoon Grated Fresh Nutmeg
- Fill half of a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the vodka, eggnog, and amaretto to the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain the mixture into a martini glass.
- Grate fresh nutmeg on top of the cocktail.